Murray e450 push mower won't start

tmauldin

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. I have not mowed this season because my 2020 murray e450 push mower wont start. I can hear air when pressing the primer bulb. The spark plug was wet with fuel. There is spark at spark plug. Sprayed starting fluid into intake and it still won't start.

What all could it be?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Modern fuel , which is nothing like petrol , is conductive at engine compression levels so unless that plug is burned dry ( nothing you can spray on it will clean it ) there is very little chance of it starting
On a battery start engine you can hold the plug cap 1/2 away from the plug to force it to produce a spark but that is a tad difficult to do on a pull start unless you are one of the alien extras used in "Men in Black ".
So with a nice new properly gapped plug give the engine a short shot of starting fluid down the plug hole & pull the starter
No joy then remove the kill wire from the coil & try again

Get back with the results

tmauldin

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm going to try that but I currently have the carburetor halfway off, is there anything I can do now with the carburetor

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I'm going to try that but I currently have the carburetor halfway off, is there anything I can do now with the carburetor
Well if there is nothing wrong with the carb all you can do is fix it till it is broken .

tmauldin

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hopefully the carburetor doesn't break. I'm going to try to clean the jets and then put in a new spark plug.

Where would the kill wire on coil be located
Are there no tests for carb

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes
you got a flow bench ? low pressure air pump with gauge ? dummy float bowl with height tube ?
Otherwise not really