Murray 30 inch rear rider only sputters in low/mid idle

semimechanicman

Threads
  • / Murray 30 inch rear rider only sputters in low/mid idle
I installed a new carb on this mower and it runs great, but just on full throttle. if you try to put it on low idle it misfires and sputters and eventually dies. Any help?

13AC26JD058

Bertrrr

Threads
I know it's a new carb but sounds like it has a port that may be dirty , your tank might have trash in it

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I installed a new carb on this mower and it runs great, but just on full throttle. if you try to put it on low idle it misfires and sputters and eventually dies. Any help?

13AC26JD058
Why did you install a new carburetor? Did you keep OEM carburetor? Sounds like pilot jet is partially blocked or too lean on new carburetor. It isn’t always a 100% match on aftermarket carburetor installed on a small 4-stroke engine.

semimechanicman

Threads
Why did you install a new carburetor? Did you keep OEM carburetor? Sounds like pilot jet is partially blocked or too lean on new carburetor. It isn’t always a 100% match on aftermarket carburetor installed on a small 4-stroke engine.
i put it on because old carb only ran with choke on

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
You should be running full throttle all the time. As in all the time. No reason to idle down a mower engine. Full revs for max cooling and lubrication. Also cuts and vacuums better.

semimechanicman

Threads
You should be running full throttle all the time. As in all the time. No reason to idle down a mower engine. Full revs for max cooling and lubrication. Also cuts and vacuums better.
maybe but i plan on selling it and it shouldn’t be doing that anyways

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Put up a pic or two of your carb, so we know what you have.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you didn’t replace with an OEM carb, there is a definite possibility that the new one is jetted wrong for you engine application.