Mulching blades

Gibsontb4

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Simplicity Broadmoor with a 38” deck with the mulching kit on it. I’m having difficulty finding/figuring out what replacement blades to use on it. Should it use just a high lift blade or a mulching blade. I have found high lift blades that fit the deck on line but no mulching so far. If anyone knows where I can get the correct blades I’d appreciate it. I tried regular blades but they leave a line of clippings about 2-3” wide where I’ve cut.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Need the actual model number to do research.

Honest Abe

Threads
I have a Simplicity Broadmoor with a 38” deck with the mulching kit on it. I’m having difficulty finding/figuring out what replacement blades to use on it. Should it use just a high lift blade or a mulching blade. I have found high lift blades that fit the deck on line but no mulching so far. If anyone knows where I can get the correct blades I’d appreciate it. I tried regular blades but they leave a line of clippings about 2-3” wide where I’ve cut.

see what matches up here...

Gibsontb4

Forum Newbie
Threads
The package # is 1693966. I talked to a Simplicity dealer and they couldn’t find them either.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Mower Model 1693966

Let me just verify that you have 1693966 mower with 16-1/8 LH and a 22.25" RH blades. If so there is no per say mulching blades in the kit They just longer cutting edges and are medium to hi lift blades.

1694955 - Grass Mulcher Kit, 38" includes the following blades.

1716695ASM RH Blade
1716696ASM LH Blade

Now the regular deck blades are 1704101ASM and 1704856ASM.

IF this is the correct mower model number then dealer just didn't where to look on the Power Portal as they got to under mulching kits.

Gibsontb4

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes that’s the model I have. The label on the mower calls it a package # not model. I’m assuming that’s the tractor/deck combination #.
Thanks for the info. Now I can get the right blades ordered. It went from being a great mower to not so great after I put on the current blades.