MTV Brand Engine?

Tinkerer200

Threads
Well I have been out of the loop for some time and didn't even know there was such a thing as an MTV brand Engine. Model 4P90HU

A friend who is a very experience tech has one which will only start and run if he holds his hand over the carb intake. He says he has cleaned the carb using an Ultra Sound cleaner, used tag wire on ports, sprayed carb cleaner around the gasket areas, cut end off carb solenoid, it has strong suction. I think it still has to be a carb problem, he doesn't think it can be.

Any suggestions?

Walt Conner

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Mtd went to a china plant to have their own engines manufactured in 2005, It started with push mowers, and has now expanded to rider engines, snow engines, horizontal shaft engines used on Cub Cadet and Troybilt tillers and other power equipment.

Tinkerer200

Threads
Mtd went to a china plant to have their own engines manufactured in 2005, It started with push mowers, and has now expanded to rider engines, snow engines, horizontal shaft engines used on Cub Cadet and Troybilt tillers and other power equipment.

Thanks, I have been an hour trying to correct that to MTD which you know it to be, blooming forum asked me for password then would not accept ones I was sure were right so had to get a new one and just now on. However you did not offer a suggestion.

Walt Conner

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Problem sounds like carb issues, but I wouldn't rule out spark plug, ignition module air gap, and valve clearances. Any idea what the compression is?

Tinkerer200

Threads
Problem sounds like carb issues, but I wouldn't rule out spark plug, ignition module air gap, and valve clearances. Any idea what the compression is?

Well it is back at it again, IF this site keeps up this nonsense, I will be leaving it.

Don't know about compression but he said suction was strong. He is ordering a new carb today.

Thanks,

Walt Conner