MTD-B&S 6.75 HP help to stay running

Get a carb overhaul kit and install it after cleaning carb. Dont need new float unless its has a hole in it. I recommend using a ultrasonic cleaner for cleaning the carb.
 
Why waste money on an overhaul kit, when the only parts he will need is the needle and seat. If I've seen this problem description once this winter, I've seen it a hundred times.
 
Why waste money on an overhaul kit, when the only parts he will need is the needle and seat. If I've seen this problem description once this winter, I've seen it a hundred times.

The overhaul kit has the gaskets with it also. All the shops around here only carry the overhaul kits.
 
Any good repair shop will have the part I referenced. Don't waste your money, you won't use the other parts.
 
You mostly need the needle valve and seat, but installing a complete carb kit may not be bad idea, just because you will have new gaskets. I have seen cases where the bowl gasket will swell, and is a pain to get back in place, as well as the paper gasket around the bowl nut will sometimes come apart when exposed to gas.

I have had good luck using a hot glue gun to seal plastic fuel tanks. Just make sure that you drain the tank, and let it air out good first. Use sandpaper to clean the surface, and roughen the area around the leak, and apply hot glue to the area that is leaking, and let it cool. Fixed a leaking float three years ago like this on a emergency repair during an ice storm. Repair is still holding. Guy had been without power for 3 days.
 
Never tried hot glue on a tank but I use it when I splice wires then rap with tape

Its apart and clean as it gets. Brass jet was dirty. Float, needle and seat look ok.
Tank sealed with "Seal-all". I'll put it back together today.
 

Attachments

  • IMGP0043.jpg
    IMGP0043.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMGP0047.jpg
    IMGP0047.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMGP0044.jpg
    IMGP0044.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 9
Get a carb overhaul kit and install it after cleaning carb. Dont need new float unless its has a hole in it. I recommend using a ultrasonic cleaner for cleaning the carb.

The clean out worked. No parts used! I don't have much $$ to play with. I just like getting equipment working again or recycle the parts
This mower is a beast. Someone made the throttle "fixed" by bending the plate above the carb. It runs at 85% throttle all the time.
 

Attachments

  • IMGP0041.JPG
    IMGP0041.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 8
The clean out worked. No parts used! I don't have much $$ to play with. I just like getting equipment working again or recycle the parts
This mower is a beast. Someone made the throttle "fixed" by bending the plate above the carb. It runs at 85% throttle all the time.

Just cleaning the carb and installing no new parts is just temporary band aid fix and will not last long.
 
Back
Top