MTD 20” PowerMore 139cc Chinese - Engine Missing

evh

Threads
Well, I purchased a new coil and no change. Acts exactly the same. Back into the carb unless someone has something else to suggest. I am open to any ideas.

Last edited:

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does this carb have a choke or a primer to start it with? Try holding a finger over the carb air inlet and partially close of the inlet to choke and enrich the mixture, see if it smooths out.

evh

Threads
It has a primer. I have done that and I believe it does smooth out. (Note, I just changed my previous post. I purchased a new COIL, not a new carb)

evh

Threads
Ok, I think I have it solved. I went back out and took the carb apart. Previously I had removed the emulsion tube and cleaned that and everything else on the inside. Well, I did not see or clean another jet on top of the carb. Not sure what that one is for (Idling possibly??) It was plugged. I cleaned and put it back together and I believe it is running smooth. So, I wasted $6.42 on the coil, but gained some knowledge on the entire process. Thanks for all of your help!

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it is the one under the bund in the top then yes it is the idle jet.
What most people do not appreciate is the idle jet never stops supplying fuel so when blocked the carb runs a touch on the too lean side but usually not enough to make the engine surge.
On a lot of them the jet gets drilled out next size up in my micro drill kit.

Reactions: evh