Repairs MTD 13a747gf062 Trying to replace blades

mike88

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
I'am trying to replace the blades on my yard machine. The blade nut just keeps turning i have the blade block off so it can not turn but the nut will not come lose any ideas?

mike88

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi ,
Well I Put a wrench on nut other side of deck top of pulley and it still just turns. It looks like the nut has not moved any other ideas?

Thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Standard torque on those nuts is 80-100 lb/ft. With grass, dirt in the bottom thread, I have seen times when a 450 ft/lb impact won't touch them. Minus using a good impact wrench, you other option would be to block that blade real well, and then use a good wrench and a cheaper pipe to break nut loose.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are you saying that the blade nut will turn, but not unscrew? If that is the case, then the shaft is boogered up and need replaced. So you might as well drop the deck so you can work on it easier.

mike88

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Fish,
That's what it is doing. So if you have the time tell me how to fix this. I think the blades have never been off.

Thanks

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well, if you know someone with an impact wrench, you can remove the nut from the top, and the shaft will drop out of the bottom.

mike88

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Fish,

Well i got the blades off and you was right. One side the shaft the blade nut was strip. Can you just replace the shaft?

Thanks Mike

NorthBama

Threads
look up parts diagram at partstree and see if jack shaft is replaceable