Mowing 3 inch offset with push/self propel mower

lewb

Well-Known Member
Just saw this technique on a youtube video, basically when you offset the tire track you are not mowing the grass that has been laid down. You lose some cutting capacity but gain a more uniform looking cut. One note is if you have a LB with a staggered deck your offset will be more like 5 inches one of the rounds going back and forth. I think the most of the commercial guys already use this technique not well know in the homeowner mowing realm.
 
Last edited:
Just saw this technique on a youtube video, basically when you offset the tire track you are not mowing the grass that has been laid down. You lose some cutting capacity but gain a more uniform looking cut. One note is if you have a LB with a staggered deck your offset will be more like 5 inches one of the rounds going back and forth. I think the most of the commercial guys already use this technique not well know in the homeowner mowing realm.

Can you paste the link to that video for us?
 
I do my edging with 30" rider (three passes in each direction) and finish the rest with 50" ZTR. Don't use trimmer at all.
 
The best "trimmer" I ever found for solid edgine like paths & curbs was a hover mower,
Swing it off the path onto the lawn and it will lift up the runners then chop them off in a nice line,
 
Back
Top