Mower will not move forward or backward at all

fmitchelltx

Threads
I have a Powr - Kraft 18/42. The mower was stuck in forward and would move unless I moved the hydrostatic relief lever. It turns out that the linkage was rusted. I sprayed it down with WD-40 and got it freed up. That is why I could not move it to neutral or reverse. I have the linkage moving now but it seems as if the hydrostatic relief is now stuck so when I put it into forward or reverse it does not move at all. What do I need to do in order to repair this problem. I have checked the drive belt and it is in place, although a little loose. It was moving forward days ago. I have not done anything other than spray with WD -40

I went back out again and looked at it. The drive belt looks to be stretched too much to work. It is not turning any of the pulleys. The bottom blade belt is fine.

Does anyone know what the proper belt number or length should be for this mower?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Honda Tech

Threads
As always, need more information than that. MTD has been manufacturing forever and more often than not, changes are common from one model to the next. Do you know the length of your worn belt? May be able to locate the correct one. Also, if it is an OEM belt, the correct part number may be imprinted on it.