Mower stopped, wonk crank.

bbrown77

Forum Newbie
Mower stopped, wont crank.

I was cutting grass today and my mower (Troy-bilt Pony) all of a sudden shut down and wouldn't start back. Turn the key and nothing happens, no clicking, moving or anything. I tried a battery boost, and the same. I put it in the gagrage so it can cool down and going to look at it tomorrow, any ideas?

I should also mention, the mower is 8 years old, but the engine is new 19 HP Briggs. I mowed my yard last week for the first time, and got 1/4 of it done when it died. Oil is full and fresh Ethanol free Gas.

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Re: Mower stopped, wont crank.

I would check fuse. Any smoke when it died?

Nailed it! Fuse is blown. I was preparing to check solenoid, blade engagement switch, ignition, etc.... never would have checked the fuse. Honestly, I never knew it had one as it is tucked inside the battery compartment. I will get a new fuse tomorrow and give it a try, but pretty sure that is the problem at hand since it is in fact blown!
 
Back
Top