Mower Starting Problems

PreacherMan75839

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a John Deere Lt133 my dad purchased and I have been tinkering with to try to get going. My dad thought the silenoid was bad because you could jump across it and the mower will fire up and run. So I put on a new silenoid. Mower still will not fire by the key. Matter of fact nothing all all happens when you turn the key. Will not even bump the starter. Any ideas as to what may be wrong?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Welcome to the 'GREAT' Lawn Mower Forum...
There is a path for the 12 volts to energize the solenoid...
From the battery to the starter solenoid on a large wire... from that large lug via a small wire to the keyswitch... from the key switch through one or more safety interlock switches and ultimately back to the starter solenoid to the small wire terminal...

A few of the places (safety interlock switches) you can loose this 12 volts are: at the PTO switch ... neutral safety switch and if it has a operator present switch under the seat ...
You will just have to trace this wire to find all the safety switches, and cycle them back and forth while holding the key to start... you should come across a bad switch, wire or fuse in this line...

Happy hunting... it is a very short limited wiring run and not too bad to wring out...:smile:KennyV

PreacherMan75839

Forum Newbie
Threads
Tranks for the info kenny. If I get a chance this weekend I will piddle with it some and see what I can trace down now. Will post back later with results.