Mower starter problems?

LMRacer

Forum Newbie
My 18 horse Briggs and Stratton engine wont run? The battery dies and I charged it and when I turn the key, I get maybe one revolution before it seems to "chug" and stop spinning. It turns a little faster with the spark plugs out and It has spark and the right oil. is my starter going out?
 
Try a known good battery, or jump box to make sure that it's not a battery issue, but it sounds like valve adjustment. you can find a you tube vid on how to do it.:thumbsup:
 
It turns out i didnt have enough battery power so i hooked a new battery up and it spins faster. Except now it will fire a couple times but it wont stay running and im stuck again
 
Clean or replace spark plug then try again, if that doesn't fix then try squirting fuel in the carb, if it runs off that then u have a fuel delivery problem.
PS
How old is your fuel, If gas is bad it won't run either
 
Back
Top