mower not mowing level????

They are not supposed to touch the ground. Their function is to keep it from scalping when running over a rut or some other abrupt changes in the terrain.
 
Ok so I inflated all my tires to right psi. Went to lawnmower shop and bought new belt and new blades. Adjusted the deck and it is still kind of low looking. Also I still have that strip in the middle if i mow above 2nd gear.
 
You had your deck exposed once for a picture... Do it again, but in this picture turn the blades so the tips are as close to touching as they can get... What is the distance between them? That measurement will never change, no matter what engine RPM you mow at, the blades will not stretch and interfere with each other.

One other thing I noticed, the rear of your deck looks lower than the front... That is backwards of what you want for the smoothest & best cut. The front should be slightly lower then the back.

Ok I noticed two things...
You are cutting too much in a single cut. Don't let it get so high between cuttings, you should mow often enough to not be cutting more than a third of the total height on any cutting... If you are cutting half the length or more, you will not get a perfect result & it is very tuff on the grass... :smile:KennyV
 
originalswampfox said:
I'm 65 and believe we were all that stupid at 16.

Well some of us mechanically inclined young guys aren't that stupid. I'm a 23 year old EETC certified outdoor power equipment tech and I know for a fact I wasn't that stupid at 16.

Sent from Lawn Mower Forum for iPhone.
 
Well some of us mechanically inclined young guys aren't that stupid. I'm a 23 year old EETC certified outdoor power equipment tech and I know for a fact I wasn't that stupid at 16.

Sent from Lawn Mower Forum for iPhone.

for a young 'well educated feller' you sure have a keen sense of humor, and obviously zero right in on satirical comments....
 
Back
Top