Mower leaves a small ridge between the two cuts

gt41

Forum Newbie
Hi When i mow my lawn with my Castel Garden JP92 it leaves a small ridge of grass between the two cuts. Is this due to the mower bed not quite level? I did a refurb on the bed last winter and replaced the two blades.
Thanks Tim
 
Hi When i mow my lawn with my Castel Garden JP92 it leaves a small ridge of grass between the two cuts. Is this due to the mower bed not quite level? I did a refurb on the bed last winter and replaced the two blades.
Thanks Tim
I'm assuming this is the first time a small ridge remains.

I've found over the years that when a problem arises after I've worked on something I can trace my steps back and usually find the problem.

I don't have a clue what a Castel Garden JP92 looks like but with this in mind take a step backwards and make certain you have installed the blades correctly. If one or both were installed wrong don't feel badly, it happens to the best. I must be a cut above being I've never done that. :biggrin:
 
If the tips of the blades arent square or blades sharp the grass will leave a small trail in between blades
 
Hi. Thanks for all of the replies. The ridge is in the middle of the bed. It does cut the grass but not as short as the main cut. I think it may be down to the bed not adjusted correctly but am not sure.
 
Check for blade overlap. Position the 2 blades perpendicular to the mower / tractor length. With the blades in this position a thin material such as cardboard should be several degrees ( like 30° - 45° ) from being parallel to the mower / tractor when placed between the adjacent blade tips.
 
Back
Top