Mower dies when air filter on

HondaHell

Forum Newbie
I have a Honda HRR 2167vka which sat up for a year and the gas/ethanol did a number on the carb. I replaced the carb (wanted to have a spare to play with) and all is fine except the mower dies when I place the air filter on. It starts and runs fine with the air filter off but as soon as I put the air filter back on the mower sputters down and stalls. I haven't had opportunity to replace the air filter yet but wanted to ask if that doesn't fix the problem what would be next?

Thanks
 
I have a Honda HRR 2167vka which sat up for a year and the gas/ethanol did a number on the carb. I replaced the carb (wanted to have a spare to play with) and all is fine except the mower dies when I place the air filter on. It starts and runs fine with the air filter off but as soon as I put the air filter back on the mower sputters down and stalls. I haven't had opportunity to replace the air filter yet but wanted to ask if that doesn't fix the problem what would be next? Thanks

Replace the filter with a new one and problem will be solved.

The old filter is not letting enough air into the carb.
 
The carb is new and it runs good with out the filter on. Dies when the filter is put on stopping the air flow into the carb.
Only thing it will be is the filter
 
Some people lay the mowers on the carb side for repairs. It prob had that happen and soaked it. You always lay over on opposite side of carb. Its paper. You really can't clean the residue off. That would choke the engine.
 
I have a Honda HRR 2167vka which sat up for a year and the gas/ethanol did a number on the carb. I replaced the carb (wanted to have a spare to play with) and all is fine except the mower dies when I place the air filter on. It starts and runs fine with the air filter off but as soon as I put the air filter back on the mower sputters down and stalls. I haven't had opportunity to replace the air filter yet but wanted to ask if that doesn't fix the problem what would be next?

Thanks

How did you get on with the air cleaner issue. It would be nice to complete your thread. Interesting.
 
Next door neighbour had the same problem after he had shipped a Honda mower in a house move from England. Filter looked fine but was soaked with oil. New filter and problem solved.
 
Back
Top