Mower deck spindle pulley removal.

GODZILLA1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Bad Boy ZT 60 inch desk and I need to replace the spindles. The pullies are stuck and one of them was not torqued at the factory and was half off the shaft but all 3 are stuck. I have applies plaster to them and they are soaking. How do you get the pullies off?thumbnail.jpg

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Suposedly there are couple set screw on each pulley. If already removed then you use a puller. May also need some heat used.

BigBlueEdge

Threads
There are likely more than one set screw, as prior comment noted. I had issues trying to get a drive pump pulley off for that same reason - I only loosened one of the two set screws. Check for others.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Check for set screws along the outside of the key way slot.

Chazz11B

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Bad Boy ZT 60 inch desk and I need to replace the spindles. The pullies are stuck and one of them was not torqued at the factory and was half off the shaft but all 3 are stuck. I have applies plaster to them and they are soaking. How do you get the pullies off?View attachment 65655
Can you just replace the bearings? I was able to just replace the bearings and installed zerks as well. Saved me hundreds of dollars.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
This was posted July 5th. Wished they'd reply and tell us how he fixed it... Or if he just took it to a shop.