Mower Deck Belt

jgd

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently bought a used Cub Cadet, Lt 1042. It is throwing the deck belt off,while mowing. I put it back on,and it continues to fly off. The manual says the belt # is 754-04045.It seems like it's also a hard belt to find. The pulleys seem to be ok,and the belt does show a little wear on it. Not sure how long it's been there. I'm thinking that it might have stretched over time,but not sure. Any suggestions/opinions on this issue would be appreciated! Thanks

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
ISeries Riding Tractor Shop Manual information what year is lt1042?

Remove your idler pulleys, you may have to remove deck for easy access. Bearings located at center of pulleys are probably worn out, new idler pulleys come with bearings installed. Also inspect idler arms mounting bolt for having excessive play by moving arms up & down, side to side. Let us know what you find, thanks.
Error click anyway, you will need to know year tractor was manufactured.

http://www.cubcadet.info/Manuels/2005/Tracteurs/LT1042-LT1045-LT1046-LT1050-Parts.pdf pages 20 & 21 item 39 idler pulley, quantity 2, belt item 38.

Amazon.com: 756-04129: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Amazon.com: 754-04060

Threads
I recently bought a used Cub Cadet, Lt 1042. It is throwing the deck belt off,while mowing. I put it back on,and it continues to fly off. The manual says the belt # is 754-04045.It seems like it's also a hard belt to find. The pulleys seem to be ok,and the belt does show a little wear on it. Not sure how long it's been there. I'm thinking that it might have stretched over time,but not sure. Any suggestions/opinions on this issue would be appreciated! Thanks

Hi the belt number you have is for the cutter deck with 2 idler pulleys on 2 separate brackets, there are 2 types of belts to go on those decks - the smaller belt described in the previous post is for 2 idler pulleys on the same bracket which is the better system, I have done a successful modification on some cutter decks of the same type that you have, you just need to get a new belt as described in the previous post & move a pulley as shown in this clip which is where i got the idea to modify some machines over here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7w-fDSoU_o

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
FWIW belts do not stretch, they actually shrink and get smaller.
They wear on the sides so go deeper into the pulleys thus become loose.