Mow Your Lawn Remotely While You're Inside Your House

adan

Threads
  • / Mow Your Lawn Remotely While You're Inside Your House
The more I think about lawn mowers, the more interesting concepts seem to rush towards me :)

Here's one of them: YouTube - Remote Control Mower from Inside House

Mowing the lawn while you stay inside the house seems like a cool idea for retired people, don't you think? This is perfect for tropical countries like mine :)

mois25

Threads
I have ever come across those but just to wonder, do they work perfectly because I am assuming you will still have to be at a close distance to the lawn to monitor uniformity?

adan

Threads
That has crossed my mind too. But this demo shows that you can actually stay inside your house. The only way this can be possible is to use UHF frequency for the remote control system. As to guiding the mower, I also see the need for you to be on a higher ground so you can see where your mower is going.

bret

Threads
I am not sure that is practical for where I live, but it would be a cool concept, maybe they will develop remote control snow blowers too, that would be nice.

touree

Threads
True adan because you might accidentally mow your neighbor's lawn in the process :biggrin:. The idea of the remote-controlled snow blower is also welcome to avoid the freezing temperatures.

patches

Threads
It's a cool concept and would save a lot of physical work, but I'm not ready for it. I like mowing and I want to be where the mower is. Besides, it seems like it would be more of a hassle to mow remotely than it is to push a mower.

BGC

Threads
I think this is definitely cool but it would not work for me. I am sure it would end up in my pond or something like that.

EverGreen

Threads
While the concept is good, I wouldn't use it. This would be a great use for people with disabilities and couldn't get out to mow but if you are using this and you are an able bodied person, you are just plain lazy.

Shaun

Threads
Well I figure if they have vacuum cleaners that vacuum the house without you and pool cleaners that clean the pool without you why not lawnmowers too?

SallyA

Threads
Remote mowing sounds good to me, but what are the advantages outside of one more way to sit down and neglect getting any exercise? We already sit and neglect exercise enough. Getting behind a mower and mowing the grass is good for us.