Walk behind Mow Faster

Reel mowers can cut in the wet better than a rotary.........just the mess of clipping when they are wet.....plus you can tighten the clearance between the bottom blade and reel to zero clearance as the lawn is wet and is lubricating and keeping things cool..........and it cuts better.:eek:

That makes sense. I do know that rotaries don't do well in the wet -- I just wait for the grass to dry, at least somewhat.
 
That makes sense. I do know that rotaries don't do well in the wet -- I just wait for the grass to dry, at least somewhat.

Rotaries get blocked up in the exit chute in some mowers as it is too small at is a drama.......some rotaries are better than others in the wet.
But sometimes you have to mow when it is wet or raining.......lol:eek:
 
Rotaries get blocked up in the exit chute in some mowers as it is too small at is a drama.......some rotaries are better than others in the wet.
True -- two-stokes spin faster and with more power so they're less prone to clogging.

But sometimes you have to mow when it is wet or raining.......lol:eek:

I never mow when it's actually raining but occasionally when it's still a bit wet.
 
:eek::eek:
True -- two-stokes spin faster and with more power so they're less prone to clogging.



I never mow when it's actually raining but occasionally when it's still a bit wet.

Never under estimate a 2 Stroke...........4 Strokes are so so ........thats it
 
:eek::eek:

Never under estimate a 2 Stroke...........4 Strokes are so so ........thats it

OK, getting back to "Walk Behind, Mow Faster", don't you think that the ultimate reel walk-behind mower would be: much, much lighter, therefore (a) powered by a two-stroke; and (b) made of a lighter metal or even carbon fiber?

I believe you said that your mower is 127kg -- I don't think it really needs to be that heavy. You would appreciate a lighter, more nimble machine.
 
you can tighten the clearance between the bottom blade and reel to zero clearance as the lawn is wet and is lubricating and keeping things cool

That is how I keep my reel set sharp... but I wet it with valve lapping compound ... and slowly tighten the bed knife toward the reel... dresses the edges out perfect... and even sounds good... :smile:KennyV
 
OK, getting back to "Walk Behind, Mow Faster", don't you think that the ultimate reel walk-behind mower would be: much, much lighter, therefore (a) powered by a two-stroke; and (b) made of a lighter metal or even carbon fiber?

I believe you said that your mower is 127kg -- I don't think it really needs to be that heavy. You would appreciate a lighter, more nimble machine.

The mower needs to be heavy to compress the lawn to allow it to cut at a perfect level.........7mm as the front roller keeps it stable..........the whole machine needs to be square to cut absolutely perfect.
These 'Reel' mowers cut down to even 2mm.........so you need to know that is perfectly adjusted.........a Rotary mower weighing 30kgs could never ever do this.............remember it is cutting 28 inches wide.............and is a perfect cut.:eek:
 
The mower needs to be heavy to compress the lawn to allow it to cut at a perfect level.........7mm as the front roller keeps it stable..........the whole machine needs to be square to cut absolutely perfect.
These 'Reel' mowers cut down to even 2mm.........so you need to know that is perfectly adjusted.........a Rotary mower weighing 30kgs could never ever do this.............remember it is cutting 28 inches wide.............and is a perfect cut.:eek:

I didn't know that -- interesting. All else being equal, I prefer a lighter machine. In this case there's a reason for it to be heavy.
 
I didn't know that -- interesting. All else being equal, I prefer a lighter machine. In this case there's a reason for it to be heavy.

Being self propelled and having a split roller and full differential makes it so easy for anyone to cut a lawn ...Big or small confined area's.......absolutely magic.:cool:
 
Being self propelled and having a split roller and full differential makes it so easy for anyone to cut a lawn ...Big or small confined area's.......absolutely magic.:cool:

They are neat looking mowers. Are they exported or is it strictly a West Australian thing?
 
Back
Top