Walk behind Mow Faster

Question about the West Australian lawns: is it usually necessary to grade the area so that it's perfectly level? If you're cutting to just 2mm to 5mm then it seems crucial to get rid of any humps -- even small ones.

The lawn does not have to be perfectly level, as the mower will make it level with several mowings.
If it is an uneven lawn it will be scalped and sand will be needed in the low parts then graded level.
Lawns that a mowed by a 'Reel Mower' will be nice and level after many mowings........if it is a Roughie a Rotary mower is good for 'Bush Pig Lawns'........lol:eek:
 
Last edited:


.......if it is a Roughie a Rotary mower is good for 'Bush Pig Lawns'........lol:eek:

That's the perfect comment.:laughing: I have a 'Bush Pig Lawn' -- to the extent that I have a 'Lawn'.

I just got back from a weekend at the farm -- did a lot of brush mowing with the Honda-powered Billy Goat. Man, I wish that thing didn't weigh 300 pounds.:confused2:
 
That's the perfect comment.:laughing: I have a 'Bush Pig Lawn' -- to the extent that I have a 'Lawn'.

I just got back from a weekend at the farm -- did a lot of brush mowing with the Honda-powered Billy Goat. Man, I wish that thing didn't weigh 300 pounds.:confused2:

Is it a 13 Horse Power Honda......and is it self propelled............or Push...........lol:eek:
 
Is it a 13 Horse Power Honda......and is it self propelled............or Push...........lol:eek:

I think it's 13 hp -- model number GXV340. It is self-propelled but when I'm working on highly uneven terrain it's unavoidable that it has to be muscled around quite a bit.:frown:
 
I think it's 13 hp -- model number GXV340. It is self-propelled but when I'm working on highly uneven terrain it's unavoidable that it has to be muscled around quite a bit.:frown:

Sounds like a Beast..........those 13HP Hondas are nasty on kickback........breaks the starter rope....or is your a Electric Start Model.:biggrin:
 
Sounds like a Beast..........those 13HP Hondas are nasty on kickback........breaks the starter rope....or is your a Electric Start Model.:biggrin:

It has a starter rope. The beastly part is when I'm on uneven ground and it gets stuck -- I've got to pull it out using brute force. The benefit to that is that it's cross-training: using muscles that I don't use every day.
 
It has a starter rope. The beastly part is when I'm on uneven ground and it gets stuck -- I've got to pull it out using brute force. The benefit to that is that it's cross-training: using muscles that I don't use every day.

Has it a open Differential or a Limited Slip differential?:confused2:
 
Has it a open Differential or a Limited Slip differential?:confused2:

It has a differential which allows either wheel to spin by itself if there's poor traction -- I guess that's "open".

The later models have limited slip -- I wish I had that.:laughing:

Sometimes the problem is simply an obstruction like a mound of dirt or a bunch of vines wrapped around the mower -- better traction would help but wouldn't be a cure-all.
 
Doing 'Vertimowing'................pig of a job......but at $250.00 PER HOUR.......You cannot complain..........where there is muck this is a Buck..........lol:licking::biggrin::laughing::thumbsup:
 
Mowing a lawn and hit a 50 cent piece........cut halve the Queens Head off................but damaged the Blade and Reel.............$200.00............later it is better..........hate foreign objects!:mad:
 
Back
Top