Mouse repellent

AndySKane

Member
What's the best way to keep mice away from your lawn tractor when stored in the mower shed?

Some methods I've read are

mothballs
Toiler bowl freshener blocks
antifreeze
used cat litter
Bounce laundry sheets
ammonia

I don't want to buy anything expensive. What do others use does it work?
 
I had to start using D-Con bait pellets in my barn after some stuff was damaged by mice. They're pretty cheap and they work perfectly. I have an occasional squirrel who'll hang out in there as well, but they haven't gotten into the bait trays nor do they cause any damage.

If you go that route, be sure your pets aren't disposed toward eating mouse corpses, because they'll go outside of your shed to die and their bodies are poisonous.
 
I used green bait cubes last winter. They killed the mice and maybe they are the best. Do you put the bait in and on the tractor itself or just around it?

Ideally I'm looking for something that I can but in mesh bags and put them in the engine compartment and in various places on the tractor to keep the mice away. Take them off when I use the mower and put them back in when I put it back in the shed. Has anyone tried maximum strength mothballs?
 
I put the D-Con bait trays on a shelf at least twenty feet from the tractor. They'll attract and kill mice anywhere within the structure that houses your mower, no matter how large.
 
What's the best way to keep mice away from your lawn tractor when stored in the mower shed?

Some methods I've read are

mothballs
Toiler bowl freshener blocks
antifreeze
used cat litter
Bounce laundry sheets
ammonia

I don't want to buy anything expensive. What do others use does it work?


This is really going to sound stupid but it does work. Where you find evidence of a rodent, sprinkle baking soda in the area, enough so when the mice come back to the same area, they will run through the baking soda.

At some point, the mouse will start cleaning himself by licking the baking soda off his paws and that is how he will "ingest" the "poison".

Since mice cannot pass gas, the baking soda will be trapped in his stomach and he will implode from within resulting in death. One of the best things about using baking soda compared to real poison is that if you have a cat or dog that runs across the mouse, it can't hurt them.


​
 
put glue traps in the engine area and a couple other places then check them often or i hate to say this let oil and grime get on the mower if u feed them poison they go off and die and then start to stink.
 
cza0660l.jpg
 
Back
Top