mountfield empress 16 sp tecumseh engine help please

angellonewolf

Threads
thanks for any help

i recived a mountfield 16 sp mower tecumseh engine non working broken pullstart had been left for a year non running so i pulled it in took apart the pullstart and rewound it and put in tension and put back togethter cleaned the fuel out all way through and fresh fuel on the 2nd pull it started right up runs well and has a roller for striping the lawn but the belt is broken for the powered moving but will be used prob as a push mower but the engine does not switch off i think the problem is the plastic bit on the hope will supply pic for this

model number of engine is bvsr 153e41002099065b i think please see one of the pics

image4.jpeg
pic of engine number

image2.jpeg
as can been seen from this pic this is i think the problem is as when you pull off the slide conector the bit of metal that the slide conector conects to comes out with it for the plastic and if i put a meter over the metal hook to the slide contector i get a open circut

image1.jpeg
pic of top of throttle linkages

so for my help can any one post a pic of the linkages as i took it all off the other night and cant remember how it goes back together

and how does the the kill work on this from the handle i assume when you push back the lever the bar hits the plastic/metal hook to short the coil out

and can i use a cheap universial belt to get the powered mower but working again as the cost of the belt is stupid and hard to find

thanks for any help again

ps cant always reply right away as am at work

angellonewolf

Threads
thanks for all the help people got it woring looks like someone looked at be for me and screwed up the metal hock should have been sliped in along so when the bar moved back it touches and shorts out the spark plug got it all running great

again thanks