Motors

Predsfan42

Forum Newbie
Which is the best motor out there?? Kohler, Kawasaki, or Briggs Vangaurd

Still trying to decide on a mower to buy and wanted to get opinions on the motors.
 
Kohler, Briggs, and last Kawasaki in that order. Not many agree with me but Kawasaki would be last on my list, lot of major problems and very expensive parts. The main thing I like about Kohler is they give you a free service manual on line.
 
Briggs and Stratton Vanguard the best engine ever made.
Everybody else is just copying what they have done.
Next would be the Honda GX range.
Kohler and Kawasaki would be at the bottom of the list.
 
My opinion would be Briggs Vanguard, Kohler Command, don't know much about Kawasaki except parts for a lot of there engines are OEM exclusive parts (available through OEM of the mower).

something that bugs me sometimes is the incorrect terminology used by various people. Gas or diesel powered products are called engines. Motors are electric only.
 
something that bugs me sometimes is the incorrect terminology used by various people. Gas or diesel powered products are called engines. Motors are electric only.

Yes it did throw me off also Re: Motors BUT this is just a fun time forum and who cares. I sure hope it isn't a spelling or english langage class. Once I read what was said I knew what Predsfan42 was talking about. Now for some reason they say outboard motors not engines for boats?
 
Hmmmm, electric motors only. Sooooo, motor oil is only for electric motors? Or is it for engines? Someone needs to tell all the engine oil companies about this wording. Or is it the motor oil companies we need to speak with?
 
OMG we just did this 6 months ago. We all knew what he was asking. When some one down here says the car won't crank they mean it won't start but turns over just fine Now I know you did not think he was asking about a electric motor

Sent from my iPhone using LMF
 
My opinion would be Briggs Vanguard, Kohler Command, don't know much about Kawasaki except parts for a lot of there engines are OEM exclusive parts (available through OEM of the mower).

something that bugs me sometimes is the incorrect terminology used by various people. Gas or diesel powered products are called engines. Motors are electric only.

It's easy to see why people used the term "motor":
Motorcycle
Motorist
Motorway
General Motors corp.
Motor boat
Motorcade
Ford motor co.

Yada yada yada
 
Yes it did throw me off also Re: Motors BUT this is just a fun time forum and who cares. I sure hope it isn't a spelling or english langage class. Once I read what was said I knew what Predsfan42 was talking about. Now for some reason they say outboard motors not engines for boats?

I was being sarcastic about the engine versus motor terminology. Across the board they are used interchangebly. You are right about the outboard engine things. People refer to engines in cars and truck as motors also. I think it comes from people refer to any power source in a piece of equipment, or vehicle as a motor.
 
Back
Top