Motor stumbles when gas moves around in tank

peabodyn

Member
Husqvarna Model 060311M 023782

After carburetor replacement, the engine would surge.

I removed the idle jet from the carb and drilled it out with a very fine drill bit.

This corrected the idle surge.

New problem is that when I push the mower back and forth quickly, or when I come to a stop against a fence or something, the engine stumbles and then regains a steady idle.

It seems the movement of gas in the tank causes the engine to stumble.

Any ideas?
 
Husqvarna Model 060311M 023782

After carburetor replacement, the engine would surge.

I removed the idle jet from the carb and drilled it out with a very fine drill bit.

This corrected the idle surge.

New problem is that when I push the mower back and forth quickly, or when I come to a stop against a fence or something, the engine stumbles and then regains a steady idle.

It seems the movement of gas in the tank causes the engine to stumble.

Any ideas?

This is the usual problem when fitted with the Spagthorpe Mk IX mower muncher.
Fix is 2oz of plastic placed between the deck spindles.

Not your engine or mower ?
How do we know ?
 
Husqvarna Model 060311M 023782

After carburetor replacement, the engine would surge.

I removed the idle jet from the carb and drilled it out with a very fine drill bit.

This corrected the idle surge.

New problem is that when I push the mower back and forth quickly, or when I come to a stop against a fence or something, the engine stumbles and then regains a steady idle.

It seems the movement of gas in the tank causes the engine to stumble.

Any ideas?

This is a push (not self propelled) 21" lawnmower
 
Back
Top