Monitoring your lawn

touree

Threads
Do you keep a close eye on your lawn or hire someone, preferably a professional, to do that for you? I assume if you have such a busy lifestyle you might not get the time.

minkyung

Threads
I like this question :) This is my friend and I are looking at in Korea. If people are busy there is good business for lawn mowing. But we are looking at schools, memorial parks, etc.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Like most service based business, it is a very competitive market, no matter where you start up...

You have to realize you are going to be competing against everyone with a little spare time and enough energy to try to undercut your pricing. But if you are reliable, fair and pay attention to detail, you will stand out above the rest... Not saying that it is easy, work is not going to be easy... but it can be somewhat enjoyable... Good Luck, :smile:KennyV

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Right now I hire it out... and over the years I've watched my lawn deteriorate as a result. It's like taking your car to the automatic car wash. They'll do a decent job but won't do it as good as you would do yourself. :frown: Now I have to work on several patches, brown spots, etc.

grnspot110

Threads
I'm to "cheap" to hire somebody else if it's something I am capable of doing myself! :biggrin: So, as long as I'm able, I'll take care of my own yard. ~~ grnspot110

Hershey

Threads
We have a lawn service that takes care of our lawn and basic landscaping. It's much simpler for us at the moment to not have to worry about it so much.