Mojack?? or alternative

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
I thinking about getting the $200 mo jack and work bench add on from Northern Tool here soon.

Ralph

Threads
That's what I use. I have it hooked to one of the support posts of my shed and lift the back end of my 42" Craftsman yard tractor as high as I want with the front wheels on the ground. Then I chain the rear axel to another hook on the same post, just in case. Works for me and it's safe. I use it for blade changing and clearing obstructions as well. Makes all the difference if you have to clear old barbed wire from around the shafts.
Having been notified of new posts to this thread, I re-read some of the older ones. I concluded to use a comealong to lift the rear end of my 42" Craftsman about a year after I got it. When the one-year warranty was about to run out, I decided to use the one-time free service visit agreement that came with the purchase. The technician who came out the do the service had a swing arm in the back end of his van with a cable winch connected. He picked up the back end, pretty as you please, and changed the blades.
So, why not use a comealong for the same purpose? As I said, I chain the rear axel to the same post so, if the fence stretcher I'm using should suddenly fail, it's not going to fall on me.
If I had to support more weight, I'd do something different. If I had more money, I'd probably be tempted to spend it on a Mojack or something like, or build a garage with an hydraulic lift and a weather vane on the ridge. But I have what I have and it works just fine.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Having been notified of new posts to this thread, I re-read some of the older ones. I concluded to use a comealong to lift the rear end of my 42" Craftsman about a year after I got it. When the one-year warranty was about to run out, I decided to use the one-time free service visit agreement that came with the purchase. The technician who came out the do the service had a swing arm in the back end of his van with a cable winch connected. He picked up the back end, pretty as you please, and changed the blades. So, why not use a comealong for the same purpose? As I said, I chain the rear axel to the same post so, if the fence stretcher I'm using should suddenly fail, it's not going to fall on me. If I had to support more weight, I'd do something different. If I had more money, I'd probably be tempted to spend it on a Mojack or something like, or build a garage with an hydraulic lift and a weather vane on the ridge. But I have what I have and it works just fine.

And the mo jack legs are not in the way.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Having been notified of new posts to this thread, I re-read some of the older ones. I concluded to use a comealong to lift the rear end of my 42" Craftsman about a year after I got it. When the one-year warranty was about to run out, I decided to use the one-time free service visit agreement that came with the purchase. The technician who came out the do the service had a swing arm in the back end of his van with a cable winch connected. He picked up the back end, pretty as you please, and changed the blades.
So, why not use a comealong for the same purpose? As I said, I chain the rear axel to the same post so, if the fence stretcher I'm using should suddenly fail, it's not going to fall on me.
If I had to support more weight, I'd do something different. If I had more money, I'd probably be tempted to spend it on a Mojack or something like, or build a garage with an hydraulic lift and a weather vane on the ridge. But I have what I have and it works just fine.

If the cable breaks on the com along and hurts you dont come back here to cry the blues. Those cables on those are known to break over time.

Mike88se

Threads
I don't doubt the mojack and knockoffs are cool and helpful. I recently serviced the blades on my Gravely 34z using a jack and jack stands. No sweat.

Ralph

Threads
If the cable breaks on the com along and hurts you dont come back here to cry the blues. Those cables on those are known to break over time.

Well, if I don't have any more sense than to use a comealong with a frayed cable I probably will come back here to cry the blues. I'm lifting the rear end of the mower this morning to plug a hole I got in the sidewall of one of my rear tires. I hope I survive the experience. All of you, please pray for me.

Mike88se

Threads
Well, if I don't have any more sense than to use a comealong with a frayed cable I probably will come back here to cry the blues. I'm lifting the rear end of the mower this morning to plug a hole I got in the sidewall of one of my rear tires. I hope I survive the experience. All of you, please pray for me.

:laughing: I'm an agnostic but I'll think good thoughts ;)

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads

I been using come along for years and I have not got killed yet. I think you will be ok.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I did use a com a long but the place I had to hang it was not really safe. I can use the lift on the drive way. As far as safety I would think a com a long would be hard to beat.