Modification?

Hoss

Threads
I would like my MTD push mower to have more ground clearance that it does. Are there bigger wheels I can buy for it, or do I have to modify it?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Wheels are made in many sizes, height width and axle diameter...
Looking at the deck, do you have clearance to put larger wheels?
What size wheel is on it now?
You can find replacement wheels at almost all Agra, Tractor supply stores AND on line, price will vary a lot if you look around... the important thing you will have to consider is ... What will fit?
:smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would like my MTD push mower to have more ground clearance that it does. Are there bigger wheels I can buy for it, or do I have to modify it?

If it has 8 inch wheels now, replacing them with 10 inch will only give you an inch more cutting height. Most push mowers use the same type of wheel adjustment, you push in on a spring type lever with a cutout that adjusts to the tabs on the wheel adjusters...set your wheels to maximum height and then some by going past the tab that permits the highest adjustment. Exactly how high do you want to cut? The danger with going past the factory set heights is it will become much easier for a foot to slip under the deck or the blade to throw something out. :eek:

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Love the push mower gangs.

Hook em up and you could be cutting 12' at a time (with a 48" deck on the rider!):biggrin:

This of how long it would take to sharpen the blades... all 12 of them! :confused2: