Mini Fast Trac Hyd Drive Problems

tobe

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have been told that we need to replace the hyd pumps on our 36" hustler. It won't pull it's self anymore. The mechanic said I need a 792895 for the rh and 792911 for the lh. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem? If they can be rebuilt? If not, where can I get them the cheapest? Any tips on replacing them?

Thanks for any help that may be provided.

Dan

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have been told that we need to replace the hyd pumps on our 36" hustler. It won't pull it's self anymore. The mechanic said I need a 792895 for the rh and 792911 for the lh. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem? If they can be rebuilt? If not, where can I get them the cheapest? Any tips on replacing them?

Thanks for any help that may be provided.

Dan

how many hours on it?

Doesn't it seem EXTREMELY ODD that they went out at the same time?

I have never had a ZT.

What powers those hydros? I bet it powers both sides.

tobe

Forum Newbie
Threads
how many hours on it?

Doesn't it seem EXTREMELY ODD that they went out at the same time?

I have never had a ZT.

What powers those hydros? I bet it powers both sides.

I'm not sure of the hours, it's around 8 years old. I've just used it to mow my 3/4 acre yard. When I bought the mower the salesman assured me it would be the last mower I'd ever have to buy since it was small but still commercial grade. I don't know enough about zero turn mowers to doubt the mechanic, but I believe the pumps run off the crankshaft pully. I agree a with you that it is strange that both sides have went bad at the same time. What else should we check to test if the pumps are bad or something else is the culprit?

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm not sure of the hours, it's around 8 years old. I've just used it to mow my 3/4 acre yard. When I bought the mower the salesman assured me it would be the last mower I'd ever have to buy since it was small but still commercial grade. I don't know enough about zero turn mowers to doubt the mechanic, but I believe the pumps run off the crankshaft pully. I agree a with you that it is strange that both sides have went bad at the same time. What else should we check to test if the pumps are bad or something else is the culprit?

Hopefully someone who missed this before, will see it now and can help.

tobe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Shiftsuper, I appreciate your comments. I hope someone out there may have the answer, the mower is too nice to scrap. Those drive units are real expensive.
Dan

Ltmt

Threads
How old is the belt that drives the pumps. If it is several years old then I would go for that first since you are most likely going to put a new one on if you did have to replace the pumps. These belts can get stretched out to the point that they no longer make good contact with the pulleys. The V on the belt can also get glazed over to where there is not enough friction between the belt and the pulleys which would cause the pumps to not have enough pressure to drive the machine.
Also, I would check just to make sure that the pumps haven't been accidentally been placed in the neutral position. I know when my wife tried to mow without engaging the pumps to the drive position the mower would move a little bit but nothing like it would when the pumps were engaged. I am talking about the little levers under the machine or wherever they are that you pull out to disengage the pumps so the mower can be pushed from place to place.
Are the pumps making any unusual noises like whine or grinding noise?
Try blocking the back of the mower up where the rear tires are off the ground and move the levers and see what the pumps are doing. Are the tires moving normal? Just a word of caution make sure that you have the mower well supported on the back end so it doesn't fall down while you are trying this. Maybe park the front end against a tree or some other solid object to keep the mower from moving forward.
If none of this works then you may just have to replace pumps but I would say that the odds of both of them going out at the same time are very slim/