Maytag Monitor, anyone?

twall

Lawn Addict
Here's a mid-30's twin-cylinder, two stroke Maytag 3 wheeled rotary mower. (Yes, the Washer people. More on that in the Front Porch later)

Missing the handle, but cool nevertheless.

  • exhaust outlets are under the deck - no mufflers
  • 14 or 16 inch
  • no carburetor - you just adjust the air inlet, and the venturi action sucks the fuel out of the tank into the crankcase.
  • no fan shrouding at all
 

Attachments

  • DSCF1026.JPG
    DSCF1026.JPG
    237.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF1027.JPG
    DSCF1027.JPG
    244.2 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF1028.JPG
    DSCF1028.JPG
    231.6 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1031.JPG
    DSCF1031.JPG
    247.3 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF1032.JPG
    DSCF1032.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 13
Here's a mid-30's twin-cylinder, two stroke Maytag 3 wheeled rotary mower. (Yes, the Washer people. More on that in the Front Porch later)

Missing the handle, but cool nevertheless.

  • exhaust outlets are under the deck - no mufflers
  • 14 or 16 inch
  • no carburetor - you just adjust the air inlet, and the venturi action sucks the fuel out of the tank into the crankcase.
  • no fan shrouding at all

THAT IS SICK

Now that is collectible. Wow! good score twall! Where on earth did you find that?
Oh....I just saw the first post....I guess you don't own it. Did it run?
 
THAT IS SICK

Now that is collectible. Wow! good score twall! Where on earth did you find that?
Oh....I just saw the first post....I guess you don't own it. Did it run?

Yes, it runs - but the guy didn't have the handle for it - he said it was in too rough condition to save. I guess he starts it up for the judging. As does he kick-start the two stroke washing machine. Not kidding! I'll post pics of that in the FP In awhile.

I've never seen anything like it!

:thumbsup:
 
Back
Top