Manual and Parts list for Honda GCV160

DavidHM

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
I'm in the process of servicing my Honda lawnmower, with Honda GCV160 engine.
I'm looking for a service manual and parts list and diagram for this engine.
Also, are there any diagrams for the carbs that show all the chambers/holes to be cleaned? My carb is p/n 16100-Z0L-023.

Thanks for any help.
David

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Service manual must purchase from Honda. Honda operates an eBay site and an Amazon store front where you can purchase this SM. It will be a paper manual. Parts IPL depends on the type number of your engine and serial number.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here's a start for you.

Here's a shop manual for the GCV160.

Google is your friend. Do a search when you get a free moment.

slomo

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Should be 4 links up there to check out.

slomo

Honda Tech

Threads
David, the price of a new carburetor is very affordable, but if you truly want to try to clean it, see attached. Not sure if you are having any issues with your mower, but if you remove the carburetor, be sure to replace all the gaskets from the cylinder to the air cleaner. It literally takes three hands to keep everything in position to reassemble, but if you find a couple studs about 3-1/2" long, that would aid you greatly. Note: If the carburetor is not leaking, flooding or stalling out on you, don't mess with it. If you want to 'tune-up' the engine, change the oil, plug and air filter. If it takes a couple pulls to start, buy a new valve cover and adjust the valves correctly.

Attachments

• Honda GC GCV 160 Carburetor Check Sheet.pdf
    417.9 KB · Views: 59

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most likely those are not complete service manuals as nearly all of the junk shop manuals are available for free.

http://www.honda-engines-eu.com/shop-manuals;jsessionid=185D91774382D1266FA94AE7ED09CF34
And unlike the John Deere manuals where they are written so the technically challenged can both read & do all of the test/repairs the Honda manuals are written for mechanics.
Lots of dimensions and number to work out if a part is worn out but little in the way of instructions.

Good thing is Honda have been using the same basic design for 50 years so know how to clean one and you know how to clean all
The only real difference is weather they have a tap or not and if that tap has a sediment bowl or not
So most detailed instructions for any Honda stationary or mower carb will be applicable and there are lots of them out there .

Having unsuccessfully managed to kill my self back in 1982 riding a motorcycle after drinking 2 small beers I do not condone doing any sort of work after consuming booze.
Just the same , Steves Small Engine Sallon has been added to Taryl Fixes All & Donnyboy87 as the channels you can safely surf without fear of being feed trash by an over active ego in front of a camera.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just note I called the manuals junk as they are so jumbo up it very difficult to even find what very limited info they have in them. Being a service repairman for over 40 yrs might make me a little picky about what I call a service manual. Of course there are those owner manuals that are so badly written that they not even worth the effort to throw them in the trash.

Now the regular printed Honda service manual very well organized, easy to read, and informative. I yet to find the information in one of those shop manuals that I needed for a repair. As Bert said most of the repair to the Honda engine is fairly straight forward but there will times that having the service manual is necessity like the GX25 that I was having to replace OHC valve related parts. The info simply was not in the shop manual.

Don't know you Bert but the camera around here tends to a complete breakdown everytime they see me. Even mirrors want to turn their backs to me. :sneaky:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited: