Man, I'll tell you what..

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
But you know them and I'm sure they are just being pleasant. Just think how you would react to a ball of foam. Tire stuck the to foam and rim. Trying to clean the rim bead off and such. No easy task.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not true. Our local Pomp’s has never batted an eye when they see us come in. Been working with them for 20+ years, know most of the guys and even though I’m reti from the shop they still welcome me with open arms. It all starts with how you treat them and just because you’re a business doesn’t mean that you may have to wait like any other customer.

I've never had a problem with any tire shop doing my tire work. But their machines are usually for vehicle tires. And they usually end up on their knee's mounting and dismounting them. Instead of letting a machine do most of the work.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes I know them after years of working with them. They treat me the way I treat them, with respect knowing sometimes things will get messy. We’ve both worked with tires filled with everything. Slime, foam, water, antifreeze etc. When I know I’m bringing in a filled tire I make sure I’ve got a box of donuts with me. Old fart in me knows that like the garden you have to cultivate it to be successful. Fertilizer works better than herbicide. Today’s me generation has not learned how to pay it forward. They want to put in minimum effort and EXPECT maximum results. Don’t believe this, just look what has been post recently on this forum.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bought one of those HF mini tyre changers
With some mods it works very well
On top of that I have a Breezer tyre tool and a modified one made from stainless for 4" rims
When I get a tyre full of goo in, the phone comes out & the stop watch goes on
Customer pays for every minute I spend cleaning the goop out
Even better if it has gotten under the paint on the rim so that the paint has lifted around the bead sealing around
They then get the choice $ 75 for me to strip & repaint the wheels or replace them .

Lawn Addict
Threads
I know how you feel. I had a roofing nail in one of mine. Plug has been holding firm for a few months already 🛞🛞🛞🛞, he replaced it with another

Friend had a self tapper in his jeep tire, didn't leak, so when the head of the screw wore down, he just replaced it with another screw.. LOL