making it through drought

mikosiko

Threads
Ok, what keeps you guys going making money through drought, and how many of you have wifes or signifigant other incomes outside of your lawn biz to back you up during drought... I just got the cpc drought forecast and for most of the lower half of the U.S it does not look good up to april... By the way Oklahoma has already started instituting odd/even water days , this early

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ok, what keeps you guys going making money through drought, and how many of you have wife's or significant other incomes outside of your lawn biz to back you up during drought... I just got the cpc drought forecast and for most of the lower half of the U.S it does not look good up to April... By the way Oklahoma has already started instituting odd/even water days , this early

I don't think here in the lower part of Florida were going to have to worry about drought conditions or so the maps show. If conditions get bad there should be enough side work like mulching beds and such but as far as other incomes all we have is our retirement checks and what savings we managed from the previous year.
You are talking about drought, what's funny and that hurt us last year was to much dang rain.

Last edited:

okiepc

Threads
Ok, what keeps you guys going making money through drought, and how many of you have wifes or signifigant other incomes outside of your lawn biz to back you up during drought... I just got the cpc drought forecast and for most of the lower half of the U.S it does not look good up to april... By the way Oklahoma has already started instituting odd/even water days , this early

I am in Oklahoma also and if it does not rain above average rainfall we are in trouble, very very dry, ponds and large lakes very low. Hope for the best:thumbsup:

mikosiko

Threads
I am in Oklahoma also and if it does not rain above average rainfall we are in trouble, very very dry, ponds and large lakes very low. Hope for the best:thumbsup:

Thanks buddy and you also. Just kind-of laughing at myself for starting a lawn care business in a drought... :laughing:

I don't think here in the lower part of Florida were going to have to worry about drought conditions or so the maps show. If conditions get bad there should be enough side work like mulching beds and such but as far as other incomes all we have is our retirement checks and what savings we managed from the previous year.
You are talking about drought, what's funny and that hurt us last year was to much dang rain.

Yeah buddy we here can only just hope we get enough to bring us back to normal. Im a long way from retirement, but some others duties sounds good, thinking about pressure washing and deck treatments just in case...

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks buddy and you also. Just kind-of laughing at myself for starting a lawn care business in a drought... :laughing:

Yeah buddy we here can only just hope we get enough to bring us back to normal. Im a long way from retirement, but some others duties sounds good, thinking about pressure washing and deck treatments just in case...

I am looking into anything that wii go along. I am setting up to bale as much pinestraw as I can to sell. I live in Lower Alabama. I also cut shrubs and mulch beds.