Magneto coil stop wire

Qpotter

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an 093J02 push mower and I had no spark. When the stop wire was attached it would not spark but it I take it off it sparks and runs but won't turn off the mower. I replaced the coil and the wire they are both brand new and the same thing happens. When the wire is attached there is no spark but if I take it off it sparks.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
The wire is what shuts off the engine, it has a circuit that goes to switches, and one of those must be a activated/problem, or the wire is grounded out. The switches send the circuit to ground, which shuts off the engine. What is the model number of the push mower? It likely is the switch at the engine brake. Is the presence lever hard to squeeze together? The cable seized?

Qpotter

Forum Newbie
Threads
The wire is what shuts off the engine, it has a circuit that goes to switches, and one of those must be a activated/problem, or the wire is grounded out. The switches send the circuit to ground, which shuts off the engine. What is the model number of the push mower? It likely is the switch at the engine brake. Is the presence lever hard to squeeze together? The cable seized?
It is a 093j02-0021-f1. The cable and lever seem to be fine

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
this is most likely the issue area. Most likely it isn't bad but if the cable doesn't pull the brake far enough it will not break contact with the grounding finger and will prevent spark.

so it could still be a cable issue or the tab that the cable connects to is bent preventing it from pulling the spring lever far enough.