magnet armature

Hook70

Forum Newbie
Can you shorten the cable from magnet armature to the boot that connects to the spark plug? Or is the cable not one solid piece?
 
The spark plug wire can be shortened and a new spark plug clip crimped onto the wire. A lot of Briggs ignition modules come with the wire too long and come with an extra clip in the box in case length adjustments need to be made.
 
I have a brand new mower where the cable pulled out if the boot. I stuck the cable back in and it started. Is there a way to repair or do I have to replace the entire assembly including the magnet armature?
 
No you just buy a new boot
If the cable is long enough cut 1/4" off the end & fit new boot
If cable is short fit a longer boot
I often fit Honda boots ( we call them caps down here ) because they come with a 1 piece handle to prevent pulling it off again and the boot screws into the HT cable which gives you near an extra inch .
Looks like this one generac boot
 
Back
Top