C CAPTAIN BUDDY Forum Newbie Apr 16, 2015 #1 I BYPASSED THE SEAT AND BRAKE SWITCH, WHEN I ENGAGE THE PTO SWITCH THE MOWER TURNS OFF
B bertsmobile1 Lawn Royalty Apr 16, 2015 #2 Does this model cut in reverse ? If not you got another one to try. Now the brake switch has 4 terminals, one pair need to be bridged while the other needs to be open. JD wiring tends to be a little over done.
Does this model cut in reverse ? If not you got another one to try. Now the brake switch has 4 terminals, one pair need to be bridged while the other needs to be open. JD wiring tends to be a little over done.
S shiftsuper175607 Lawn Addict Apr 16, 2015 #3 CAPTAIN BUDDY said: I BYPASSED THE SEAT AND BRAKE SWITCH, WHEN I ENGAGE THE PTO SWITCH THE MOWER TURNS OFF Click to expand... You can't bypass them both at the same time. I did that and had your problem. Evidently something has to reset in the interlock circuit board. And that is prevented by having them both bypassed. That's my opinion.
CAPTAIN BUDDY said: I BYPASSED THE SEAT AND BRAKE SWITCH, WHEN I ENGAGE THE PTO SWITCH THE MOWER TURNS OFF Click to expand... You can't bypass them both at the same time. I did that and had your problem. Evidently something has to reset in the interlock circuit board. And that is prevented by having them both bypassed. That's my opinion.