lx255 dying

sclary

Member
My 1999 LX255 will start easily,run for a few minutes, then die.
After 5 min or so it starts back up and runs normally.
I have replaced the fuel lines and filter. The filter is clear and shows plenty of fuel.
I am at a loss, any ideas? The gas cap work fine. the same results with or without
it being on.
 
When you say after 5 minutes it runs normally, until it dies again? If that is correct then I would check the fuel flow to carb when this happens.
 
I misspoke. After it dies, I let it sit for 5 min. Then it starts normally and runs fine without dying. This has happened the last two time mowing.
 
Ok, I would spray some starting fuid thru the carb when it happens. If that doesn't make a difference then check spark with tester or another known good spark plug. Hopefully this will help narrow it down.
 
Back
Top