lx172 coil question

fra

Forum Newbie
Threads
this mower has the 14hp kawasaki engine [fc420v-as10]. replaced the coil part #am109209 . I don't think this coil has a builtin ignitor. does this coil normally have the external ignitor module. there is a female spade fitting on the white wire going to the coil . It is near the dipstick where i've seen the ignitor module located in pictures. purchased this at auction and trying to get it running. thanks

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
this mower has the 14hp kawasaki engine [fc420v-as10]. replaced the coil part #am109209 . I don't think this coil has a builtin ignitor. does this coil normally have the external ignitor module. there is a female spade fitting on the white wire going to the coil . It is near the dipstick where i've seen the ignitor module located in pictures. purchased this at auction and trying to get it running. thanks

Yes it has, if you don't get a spark after fitting a new coil, renew the igniter.

small square device on the right side of the engine - that device should have the numbers BM11 29 3H6H printed on it.

fra

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes it has, if you don't get a spark after fitting a new coil, renew the igniter.

small square device on the right side of the engine - that device should have the numbers BM11 29 3H6H printed on it.

thank you very much engineman. your response was very quick and confirmed my thoughts.