Lubing pedal pivot points

Big E

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2011 Cub Cadet LTX1050. According to the manual, at 10 hrs. I should lube the pedal pivot points. The manual has no instructions as to do so. Any suggestions? Thanks.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
If it has grease fitting a pump or two with a grease gun with all purpose grease. If no fitting oil the pivot points with oil can or aerosol spray lubrication.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF!

I moved your thread to the General Mower Discussion Forum. :smile:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Welcome to LMF...

If it is a simple bushing pivot a little ATF, (automatic transmission fluid) is great.... Get yourself a refillable 'squirt' oil can... and a quart of ATF, It will last forever.. :smile:KennyV

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
i use this little squeeze bottle ..and fill it with my ROTELLA T6 when it needs it:thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_0824[1].jpg
    IMG_0824[1].jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 16

benski

Threads
I use a wee dab of synthetic 90w gear lube in a squirt can, and then wipe as much excess off as I can to help keep things from collecting dirt.:smile:

Jetblast

Threads
What I do is lay down on my comfy work cushion (a foam dog bed that got replaced by a newer model) next to the mower, then I reach up and push the pedals with my hands to spot the pivot points. Anything that moves gets hit with my spray can of white lithium grease or Tri-Flow chain spray. Shoot it right into the butt-crack of the pivot point. Doesn't matter too much what you use, as long as it's thicker than WD-40. WD-40 has it's uses, but it doesn't lubricate or protect well enough for this.

I actually don't know what WD-40 is good for. I've had a can sitting around for about ten years and it's still full. Anyone?

benski

Threads
Water Displacement, formula trial number 40.:wink:It'll help dry out a damp disributor cap, on vehicles that are old enough to still have such a thing...:biggrin:

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
THAT BRINGS ME TO ANOTHER QUESTION......WHATS THE BEST PENETRATING OIL??