LTX 1046 Reverse saftey switch problems

crk

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a LTX 1046 the reverse safety switch light will work when the key is turned on and the engine is not running but when the engine is running the light will not go on replaced the switch and still does the same thing. There for every time I back up while mowing the blades dis-engage and I need to turn my PTO switch off and back on again to continue mowing. Going to change the safety switch under the seat and see if that helps traced all the wires and everything is good This is a real hassle because you don't realize how many times you back up until this feature doesn't work. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong ?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Get a wiring diagram.
Check each switch, some will be normally open amd some normally closed, make up some jumper leads so you can bypass the switches, one at a time till the culprit is found.
Before you start, pull off each switch plug and test the wires for sound connections then spray with your favourite goop, WD 40, Termnal clean ,RP7, Innox and push on, pull off several times to get a good clean electrical connection.
Pull plug off one last time & flood it with the same goop to wash off any crud and reconnect.
PIA to do takes forever but at least you are not paying the shop :frown: several hours for doing the exact same thing.