LTX 1040

dam1914

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've just acquired a used LTX 1040. The blades are misaligned, probably when the previous owner replaced the belts. There are clearly timing marks on the notched pulleys that drive the blade to prevent the blades from hitting each other. The manual I downloaded doesn't show what the proper orientation of the timing marks is. Does anybody know which way the marks should point?

scott47429

Threads
if you have a cogged belt then remove the deck belt that keep the blades in time and set the blades so they are set like a T so they look like this l -- not end to end then reinstall the belt and all should be good as long as your belt and blades are good if its a V belt then this should be a non interference deck i hope this helped you good luck

dam1914

Forum Newbie
Threads
if you have a cogged belt then remove the deck belt that keep the blades in time and set the blades so they are set like a T so they look like this l -- not end to end then reinstall the belt and all should be good as long as your belt and blades are good if its a V belt then this should be a non interference deck i hope this helped you good luck

That seemed like the logical thing to do, and that's what I did to start with, but after a minute or so, apparently the belt jumped time, leaving the blades touching each other end to end. The shaft that holds the right hand cogged pulley also has on top of it a v belt that provides power to the 2 cutting blades via the cogged belt. With all the belts off or loose, it sounds as though something is scraping against the v belt pulley. Any ideas?

scott47429

Threads
do you have a bad bearing thats making noise and causing play in the shft letting the belt jump time

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is the Number one problem people have had with this mower. Happens even when mower was new. I just got a 1040 without the timed deck. Read reviews on any mower new or used before you buy it.

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))