LTH 130 electrical problem

trooper1954

Threads
Thanks Bert....just wondering now if changing out the flywheel gear is really necessary? If the mower starts and runs fine once I manually turn the flywheel from the flat spot, will I do any harm running the mower like this for now?
Also, I'm now ready to look into the other issue I had....once the mower gets warmed up it loses power and will not climb the slightest incline. I'd like to change the oil in the transaxle and was wondering if anyone has a step by step for this? Do I have to remove the transaxle to achieve this, or can it be drained and re-filled while still on the mower? It's a Hydro-Gear 310-0500
Thanks for any and all help.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Eventually it will eat up the gear on the starter but no, if it works for you then fine.

trooper1954

Threads
Thanks again Bert...think I've worked out what/how to disconnect the transaxle from the mower...will block the front wheels and use a hoist to lift the back end up and then take the transaxle out. I'll start with draining the oil if I can find some sort of filler/drain...I was told this unit was sealed at the factory so this will be a challenge:) Will let you all know how it goes