Lt190

Scott Devore

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey all.. I'm new to this so bear with me. Recently bought a JD LT190 for my wife. It's a 2005 with 315 hours. Ran it 3 weeks ago, ran perfect. Parked it and went to start it 4 days ago...nothing. Checked the 2 safety switches with multi-tester, checked good. Checked ignition switch with tester, good. I can hear pto kick in and out with key on. Had starter checked and tested and it passed. Has anyone out there ran into this?

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
As to the sound you hear, don't mistake the pto for the fuel solenoid. Using jumper cables, connect the battery directly to the starter. If it still doesn't crank connect the starter to a good known battery such as your car or pickup etc. If it cranks have the tractor battery load tested.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the John Deere forum. :smile:

Scott Devore

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply snadburranch! Haven't been on here in awhile, works really busy. Since the post, I have taken the starter off and had it checked under load. It passed but sounded bad so I ordered a new starter. I removed the brand new battery and had it load tested, checked good. I have ordered a new ignition switch, PTO switch, seat switch and brake switch which I will tackle tomorrow. I'm just stumped, as I thought the starter would have been the quick fix...lol. I ahve checked for corrosion on the cables; they are clean. I have checked the ground; no rust-clean. With good battery and new starter, engine does nothing, not even a click. I have checked all safety switches with multi-tester and they all checked good....turning into a real head scratcher for me...lol