LT1046 won’t start

davis2

Threads
Unfortunately, blowing out the fuel line with compressed air didn’t solve the problem. Cranking the engine sucks fuel into the filter, but still not enough to reach the pump. But I have a sneaking suspicion that there’s some crap in the gas tank — I replaced the gas cap a few months ago because it had degraded, and some of it might well have dropped into the tank.

If I have to pull the gas tank, anyone know of a good YT video that walks you through the steps? Or is there a way to clean / flush the tank en situ?
I had that problem with my Sabre earlier this season. Clean the tank, replace the filters and at least check the float bowl. I used clear line so I could see the fuel.

Threads
Greetings:

I have a fairly old LT1046 that’s been dependable over the years; it could sit for months (with a float charger on the battery), and it usually would start right up. Last year, it started running rough and having some starting issues, which I solved by replacing the carb, filters, spark plugs, etc.

Recently, however, it will not start at all. (Using starting fluid will get it to run for a couple of seconds, so it’s getting spark.) Have replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump, and can see that when cranked, fuel is getting sucked into the filter. Have replaced the carb. Have removed the spring from the anti-backfire solenoid (just to see if that might be the issue). No dice — it seems like no gas is reaching the carb. Checked fuel line from fuel pump to carb — it’s clear but did not smell of gas. (I use ethanol free gas in it.)

ideas?
it dosen't take much to plug the main fuet jet. if that has happened, you will hae to take the carb apart and clean the main jet and imulsion tube.