LT1045 BLOWING 20 AMP FUSE

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And you can wiring is simple if you start at one end and gp through to the other
There is really not much wiring on the mower.
The hardest part is getting used to hanging from the rafters in order to get in there.
The week end is coming up so you should be able to knock it over in a couple of days
And you know the short is somewhere between the 4 plugs you just undid.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds like a job for the experts.....Dang, I really wanted to do this myself. Thanks for all the input.

It does not require an expert just someone willing to pay attention to detail. You can do it.

FLEA

Threads
I am glad to report that I found the problem of the dead short....After changing switches (starter,PTO )and the solenoid; I started to trace wires from the back to the front of the mower. The culprit was the LAST wire I saw, it was a tiny (thin) wire that was cable tied to what appeared to be the bottom of the carburator.
I snipped the cable tie and there it was....bare wire against the metal. I pushed the wire away, turned the key and the mower started right up. Thank you everyone for the advice and the vote of confidence...I think I probably saved myself a few hundred bucks and learned something in the process.....Thanks again!!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Too bad you did not start with that wire. :smile:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is a golden rule when chasing shorts.
"It is always the last wire you check"
So short cut by deciding what order the check things then do it backwards :laughing:
Well done by the way shout yourself a beer :drink: