Repairs LT 2000 WON'T START.

dukesoz

Threads
Hi all, I have craftsman 18.5 HP, mod# 31p777
type 0299e1
code 041004ze.
Fuel is flowing down to carb,( gravity fed) I have spark, engine turns over, but won't start, backfires when trying to start.
Fuel cap not blocked, put some fuel in carb, still no firing.

I cut grass for approx 45 mins, idled down to check grass catchers, and it cut out after a few seconds before the above problem.
Any ideas?

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Will do in the morning.

If no compression, what then?
If no compression in the morning suspect a valve may be stuck open a little. But there is a possibility it will function just fine in the morning when cold but not when hot. We need to keep an open mind when diagnosing these little fellers.

dukesoz

Threads
Thanks Senior, I am busy today, will check out mower this PM, or tomorrow AM, and let you know what's what.

dukesoz

Threads
Hi Senior, I have compression.
Tried taking off carb, but the 2 small phillips head bolts holding it on, were so tight I was afraid I might ruin the slots.

I am going to NC for 2 weeks tomorrow, ( fishing :cool:) so I will worry about it when I get back.

Thanks again for your help.

dukesoz.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's certainly no time to be thinking about a stupid engine that won't start. To spice up this site a few fishing pics would be good.

jc56

Threads
Mine did that a few years ago and it was the key in the flywheel.50 cents to repair and a couple of hours labor.Easy fix.jc