Mower deck Lower Center Blade Cut on JD 657 Stander

bluestyle11

Forum Newbie
Threads
My JD 657 was starting to cut lower at the center blade compared to the two outside blades, so I changed them all to stock blades thinking one might be overly warn or bent slightly. Now the uneven cut is even more noticeable. When examined, they appear even and level across all three over a hard surface. The lower cut is constant, meaning not wavy. The spindle doesn't appear to have any play.

I tried to lower the height setting, from the second highest to the third highest, but it started basically scalping at the dirt.

Any thoughts to help would be greatly appreciated at this point.

Jimmy

bluestyle11

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I brought the mower back into the shop this weekend and took the blades off along with the cones to make sure there weren't any washers in the wrong place, or spacers someone put in there. Everything was as it should be and the spindles appeared to be tight and no wobble.

I did find that the center blade is lower then the outside by about the thickness of the blade. Swapped blades around and still had the same issue. The front anti-scalp wheels in the center of the deck were a little worn and moved maybe 1/8"+ or so, but the blade itself id off.

Does anyone have any ideas, experience with this, anything. Really at a loss.

Thanks
Jimmy