Looking to upgrade to 60" exmark vs gravel vs bad boy (or other recommend). Thoughts?

poolecw

Threads
  • / Looking to upgrade to 60" exmark vs gravel vs bad boy (or other recommend). Thoughts?
Re: Looking to upgrade to 60" exmark vs gravel vs bad boy (or other recommend). Thoug

Congrats on the new mower! I'm in the same situation...got 4 acres to cut and looking to step up. Would you mind sharing how much you paid? You said it was the Kohler V740. How did the price with that engine compare to the Kawi engine?

Thanks and wipe that grin off your face when you're mowing...you'll get bugs in your teeth.:laughing:

Av8r

Threads
  • / Looking to upgrade to 60" exmark vs gravel vs bad boy (or other recommend). Thoughts?
Re: Looking to upgrade to 60" exmark vs gravel vs bad boy (or other recommend). Thoug

I have chosen to become the proud owner of an Exmark Pioneer S series 60inch ultracut series 4 foot lift deck with 27 hp kohler cv740 engine. After trying demos found the 23 x 10.5 tires and solid frame to offer best ride over my lawn. Also put a lot into the value of service being local. To me worth the extra cost to compared mowers.

Out of the three you were considering, I believe you made the right choice. I don't personally own one, but my neighbor has enjoyed his for 15+ years and I would rank it in quality with a ferris (without suspension) :) congrats and happy mowing

Vanousb

Threads

Thanks AvBr. I think the choice was right for me. As for the engine, there was no difference in the cost of kohler vs kaw on the pioneer S-Series from my dealer. Was 6900 plus tax. I went with 42 mon 0% interest offer they have right now. Like I mentioned, there is a few extras in the details (tire/frame/deck/air filter system/etc) with the exmark that sold me along with the service I know I will get from dealer. I read where at this level, experienced mowers say go bigger...you will not regret it for the extra cost. All were good, but I feel I get the most from the Pioneer model and the extra cost to me was worth it. Only thing I have my eyes on might be the full suspension seat option.

Very happy ...will remember the advice to keep my mouth closed poolecw. haha:laughing:

Last edited:

Av8r

Threads

You did well and will enjoy cutting the acreage. I mow about an acre at my house and the 48" deck is plenty big. Beats the heck out of my old 48" JR tractor. It used to take an hour but now I can cut it nicely in 20 minutes. Only problem I have now, is that I can't wait to cut the grass. :laughing:

Vanousb

Threads

Third mow on the new Exmark. WOW...went from around 2.5 hours mowing to just a little over 1 hr on 3 acres. Best cut i have seen and unreal turn ability, hug trees, etc. and so easy to clean deck with quid remove side covers. Sure others are good, but I am totally sold on the Pioneer S performance. More than I expected.

Vanousb

Threads

Mowing for about a month now. Another huge positive is the offset deck to help trim around obstacles. Also added an Exmark full suspension seat. Made a very noticeably smoother ride to an already good ride. Continue to be very impressed overall with the power, cut, and feel of the Pioneer S.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

Mowing for about a month now. Another huge positive is the offset deck to help trim around obstacles. Also added an Exmark full suspension seat. Made a very noticeably smoother ride to an already good ride. Continue to be very impressed overall with the power, cut, and feel of the Pioneer S.

When I was looking in 2012 I thought the Exmarks were out of my price range and never really considered them. Kinda wish I had taken a look at the Pioneer S:0)
But you gotta admit that me getting the 2012 52" Pro-Turn 100 XDZ for $6,800 OTD was a deal that would have been hard to beat with anything else!!! I saved over $1,300 off the MSRP plus taxes for the same model for 2013. But your comments about your Exmark have been the very first time I've "looked back":0)

Vanousb

Threads

When I was looking in 2012 I thought the Exmarks were out of my price range and never really considered them. Kinda wish I had taken a look at the Pioneer S:0)
But you gotta admit that me getting the 2012 52" Pro-Turn 100 XDZ for $6,800 OTD was a deal that would have been hard to beat with anything else!!! I saved over $1,300 off the MSRP plus taxes for the same model for 2013. But your comments about your Exmark have been the very first time I've "looked back":0)

:laughing: I can say that your comments, djdicetn, about Gravely let me know I was in the right ball park when looking...and the deal you got would have swayed me I think. Exmark is big here in the commercial world. My dealer was the one who turned me on to the Pioneer S (2013 model in particular which lowered the price , and in his opinion was the better deal for the money over the 2014). Did not really ever consider the quest in my looking at all...did consider the Pioneer E, but the S was a much better deal for the money, but really considered the Gravely. But after demo of all considered, fell in love with the pioneer S. And now with the full suspension seat, can;t imagine one better at that semi-commercial range.