Looking for new Mower! No idea what to get. PLEASE HELP ME!!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Looking for new Mower! No idea what to get. PLEASE HELP ME!!
So I went and bought a Spartan and it's a game changer for me. The ride itself Is amazing compared to the John Deere and Hustler I used to have. It's all around a better machine and I couldnt be happier so far. But time will only tell. Thank you all that helped me to make a decision.
Please keep us informed how you find our Spartan.
On paper they should be supurb but we rarely see one here , hopefully because they never give the owners any problems.

rdmercer!953

Forum Newbie
Threads
i used to be a tractor kina guy but now i am a ztr guy tractor are boring and the ztr is fun, i like husvarna my self used to have a dixie chopper but they went out of busines. your ztr has a learning curve but you can over come that verry easley i have a mz 52 has a 25 hp kollar and 52 in welded deck when i bought it three years agoo i paid just under $5000. good luck,what ever you chose

gsim

Threads
With a slope like that I would strongly suggest getting an old commercial with a horizontal shaft engine .
There are only found on top shelf mowers where quality & longevity are more important than the cheapest possible price tag.
New Walker I know fits horizontal but not sure about anything else as I am in OZ .
An out front zero turn will make the mowing a lot easier as you can see the deck & get it into places where mid mounts just won't go
I like front-mount mowers, long chassis. But for my place, similar to this one, my ideal mower would be front mount, long chassis, 4x4. Not likely to see one of those babies for $2k tho! I have long chassis Grasshopper, kubota diesel. But would prefer maybe Toro or Jacobsen diesel 4x4 if I had my druthers. I prefer manual PTO as well and those two brands are manual PTO. My GH is a good unit, but constantly having one wheel or other slip on terrain I have. Mowing in long oval pattern great help for me. I keep tire pressures low, but the thing still easily breaks loose.