Looking for new carb. B/s m#42a707,code 0008085b,type2238E1. Do not have number for carb.

mathissteve

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Looking for new carb. B/s m#42a707,code 0008085b,type2238E1. Do not have number for carb.
Was running,mowing, a week later would not start. Cleaned,no issues found,blew out passages. Will start with gas or fluid, but as soon as start taking choke off,it stalls and won't start. Next day,same. If have both butterfly's open,can see gas in intake tube.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Looking for new carb. B/s m#42a707,code 0008085b,type2238E1. Do not have number for carb.
After doing a lot of searching I have also found that no one lists a carb being available, nor do they list a part number. My suggestion is to go to an authorized Briggs repair shop and ask them to contact their distributor to find the carb number for you. If your luck fails the only option you will have is to purchase the rebuild kit and do a complete cleaning and rebuild of the carb. Any good repair shop can do this for you.

charleneje

Threads
Does this have the electrical shutoff on the bottom of the carb if so I would suggest making sure the wires are getting power if they are there must be a way to check to make sure the shutoff is functioning properly I had the same problem finally replaced the electric shutoff with another and it worked okay since, I will point out a new shutoff is almost the same price as a new carb I was lucky I had an old carb in my parts bin thats how I got one.
I also have a shut off valve in my fuel line to stop gas just running into the engine when not running.
"EDIT" I just checked online and the carbs that are listed don't have the shutoff I described so forget what I said I will leave the post up in case someone searches same problem with the carb I described.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
693480 is the complete replacement carburetor. The 3 screw fuel pump version is nla.