looking for info on my lawn boy

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm looking for year. Also was it a good model. Is it rare. Is it worth anything. Was there any problem with this model. Anything really. Thanks

https://www.shoplawnboy.com/Comerge...nlineModelLookupSearch&search=model&OP=filter
This leads me to believe that it was manufactured in 86,87 & 88. I really know very little about these. I once had a craftsman 2 stroke and I was pleased with the light weight and the power.Seemed lik you could not stop it.
I'm not sure what ulitmately happened to that machine but Sears insisted on model numbers and there were none left visible.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm glad this thread got started.

I hadn't searched online much about my Lawn Boy because I haven't had the need to buy parts. After checking out a couple of the sites that sell parts (including the link provided by KennyV -- thanks), I've determined that my mower is a 1977 model.:biggrin:

That's even cooler than I thought -- 33 years old and the engine is really tight.

lizard

Threads
I'm glad this thread got started.

I hadn't searched online much about my Lawn Boy because I haven't had the need to buy parts. After checking out a couple of the sites that sell parts (including the link provided by KennyV -- thanks), I've determined that my mower is a 1977 model.:biggrin:

That's even cooler than I thought -- 33 years old and the engine is really tight.

Some of these 2 strokes you can just use engine oil.SAE 30......mixed with petrol at a 25 to 1 mix.......the 'MOSA' italian welders do not use 2 stroke oil.:confused2::eek:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some of these 2 strokes you can just use engine oil.SAE 30......mixed with petrol at a 25 to 1 mix.......the 'MOSA' italian welders do not use 2 stroke oil.:confused2::eek:

I wouldn't take the chance with regular engine oil -- two-stroke oil is designed specifically for the job and it's not all that expensive. Plus, I don't use that much of it because all my engines are so fuel-efficient.:smile:

I don't get the bit about the Italian welders -- please explain.:confused2:

lizard

Threads
I wouldn't take the chance with regular engine oil -- two-stroke oil is designed specifically for the job and it's not all that expensive. Plus, I don't use that much of it because all my engines are so fuel-efficient.:smile:

I don't get the bit about the Italian welders -- please explain.:confused2:

That 'Mosa' welder......says only use SAE 30 engine oil.....to mix with petrol..........mind you that it was manufactured in 1974..........so it is amazing how it runs o engine oil and not 2 stroke oil......especially being a 'Italian engine':confused2:

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
That 'Mosa' welder......says only use SAE 30 engine oil.....to mix with petrol..........mind you that it was manufactured in 1974..........so it is amazing how it runs o engine oil and not 2 stroke oil......especially being a 'Italian engine':confused2:

So the "Mosa" is an electric welder powered by a two-stroke engine? I think I get it.

lizard

Threads
So the "Mosa" is an electric welder powered by a two-stroke engine? I think I get it.

You hit the nail on the head.
So these 2 strokes are a mighty machine.........even using just car engine oil.........and today you have proper 2 stroke oil.........that mixes with petrol...........absolutely amazing.
May 2 Strokes live Forever.........God bless them............they are supreme!:cool:

Ifixdit

Threads
I usually use the "Manual" search function at Lawnboy.com to figure out the year Lawnboy I have. You need to enter the model number and then use the serial number to determine the actual year of the mower. Jon3800 on YouTube has quite a few Lawnboy posts. Once you get to his page search for Lawnboy videos to narrow it down. He has posted over 1000 videos, most of which have to do with caring for Tarantulas, yikes!! :confused2:

lawnman84

Forum Newbie
Threads
I thank everyone for the help but still no luck. Lawn boy.com says it doesent match. And I can't find one one u tube. I do see ones alot like it. There 80s models but there not exact. Maby I have the only one ever built lol. I live in florence mass by the way. Getting ready for snow. But I always have a hell of a time finding my mowers on line. I have a lot of odd ball stuff. If some on finds something let me know. Thanks soo much. You guys been great.